Your Full-Service Security Partner
Typically, information security consulting firms come in two flavors — those that diagnose and prescribe and those that implement. Rarely does one find a partner that can demonstrate excellence in both analysis and execution, but when it comes to information security, HALOCK has it all covered.
As principal authors of CIS Risk Assessment Method (RAM) and board members of The Duty of Care Risk Analysis (DoCRA) Council, HALOCK offers the unique insight to help organizations define their acceptable level of risk and establish “duty of care” for cybersecurity. Through this risk assessment method, businesses can evaluate cyber risk and reasonable safeguards that is clear to legal authorities, regulators, executives, lay people, and security practitioners.
HALOCK combines the thought leadership and diagnostic capabilities of the premiere security consulting firms with deep technical expertise and a proven ability to get things done. When you partner with HALOCK, you get not only the best and brightest in the field, but also the most capable. Simply stated, we get it right and we get it done.
Purpose Driven Security®
Organized crime, state-sponsored cyber teams and hacktivists all have different aims; however, the one common theme that unites them is the unauthorized access to and use of computer systems to fulfill their mission. That mission varies but may include:
- Stealing data (intellectual property, personally identifiable information, etc.)
- Gaining control over computer resources
- Spreading infection (creating new botnets)
- Proving a point to perceived enemies
- Monitoring actions and decisions of organizations and nation states
- Disrupting normal operations and serving as a catalyst of anarchy
Because no silver bullet protects assets from these threats, a paradigm shift is required to reduce risk to organizations. HALOCK Security Labs has pioneered a security risk method to meet these cyber threats. At the foundation of this model is a service philosophy called Purpose Driven Security®, which helps define reasonable security – the right amount of security to protect critical assets — not too much, not too little.
This philosophy can best be summarized as reasonable and appropriate risk management:
- Security controls implemented should encompass the necessary balance of compliance, business objectives, and obligations on how they affect all parties. Not all security controls should be implemented, and those that are should be implemented only to a certain degree depending on the calculated risk being treated.
- Organizations have an obligation to perform proactive due care to reduce liability for shareholders, clients, partners, employees and the greater good as appropriate. Thus, businesses need to take into consideration on cyber threats that are foreseeable, which HALOCK can help identify.
Establish reasonable security controls based upon your organization’s mission, objective, and social responsibility through Duty of Care Risk Assessments (DoCRA). This comprehensive approach enables organizations effectively support a security budget and maximize protection of critical information assets.
Do you know “reasonable” for your organization?