Retail companies rank high on hacker lists, with recent reports putting this industry ahead of the pack for sheer volume of cyberattacks. It makes sense, with retailers often handling millions of transactions each year, attackers capable of compromising networks gain access to massive data volumes they can leverage for fraud or sell online.
As a result, companies need retail cybersecurity solutions capable of defending current infrastructure, detecting potential attacks and delivering advanced protection to mitigate emerging threats. Here’s how HALOCK can help.
Cyberattacks are on track to cost companies more than $6 billion per year as malicious actors target everything from intellectual property to product data and email accounts. Retailers face greater-than-average risk in this new InfoSec environment, thanks to the amount of consumer data handled and stored by their networks. Credit card information could be used to make fraudulent purchases, while personal and account data could be leveraged to create fake credit accounts or steal user identities.
Generic solutions offer some protection for critical data, but purpose-built retail data security solutions are now required to effectively mitigate retail risks.
Sales and Service
At HALOCK, we’ve developed a range of industry-specific security offerings to help organizations meet InfoSec obligations and improve retail network security. Some of our most popular services to protect your sales include:
- PCI DSS Compliance: PCI DSS compliance is critical for any company that handles consumer credit information; the regulation specifies best practices for storage, use and security that must be regularly evaluated. Our experts can help your organization obtain — and maintain — PCI retail compliance.
- Retail Security Engineering: What type of security spending makes the most sense for your needs and budget? HALOCK’s security engineers have the industry expertise you need to maximize the impact of security spending.
- Network Penetration Testing: From e-commerce sites to mobile payment applications, retail companies now use a host of open-source and third-party APIs and software to provide top-tier customer service. At HALOCK, we provide the penetration testing services you need to discover and remediate critical application and service vulnerabilities. Read a case study about a retailer’s success with HALOCK’s penetration testing services.
- Incident Response and Forensics: Retail security incidents happen — and when they do, companies need the ability to respond quickly and identify root causes. HALOCK’s incident response and forensic services help you mitigate incident impact and uncover attack origins.
- Third Party Risk Management/Vendor Risk Management: Ensure third-party partners are aligned with your organization’s risk controls. Vendors and contractors serve as an extension of your group. They represent you and should operate under your business requirements. HALOCK can help build and manage a specific program for your environment.
- Risk Assessments: Regulations require your safeguards be reasonable to your organization, customers, and partners. With many frameworks available, how do you establish your acceptable risk? The Duty of Care Risk Assessment (DoCRA) helps you define a reasonable security strategy factoring in compliance and safeguards based on your specific business, objectives, and obligations.
- Privacy – CCPA is the most sweeping legislation to date in the U.S. that concerns the protection of personal information. It broadens the definition of what constitutes personal information and gives California citizens greater control over what companies can do with their personal data. This includes the right to exempt their own personal information from being shared or purchased on the open market. Understand the impact this change and other states’ requirements have on your organization.
“Topics were explained in an easy to understand way.”
– Restaurant chain
It’s our mission to help organizations improve their retail IT security by defining their acceptable level of risk; identifying their “duty of care” for cybersecurity; and implementing purpose driven solutions that empower compliance, mitigate attacks and establish a foundation for ongoing security success.
Unlike most security consulting firms, HALOCK combines expertise in analysis and execution, allowing our teams to evaluate retail security deployments end to end and provide actionable recommendations. We recognize the key challenge for retail organizations — protecting consumer data while maintaining sales volumes and speed. HALOCK’s purpose driven security is designed to find the balance by deploying the right amount of security to defend critical assets without negatively impacting the IT or end-user experience.
A digital-first world demands new retail cybersecurity solutions to protect data and drive sales. Retailers require reasonable safeguards that balance an organization’s mission, objectives, and social responsibility. HALOCK can help. Let’s talk.