Cyber Security Incident First Responder Training
The CSIRT Training Skill Set
Cyber incident response training is technical and skill based, designed to enable those with first responder responsibility to address incidents as they occur, execute critical defensive tasks and ensure the integrity of any data they encounter.
Key tenants of a first responder will be reviewed:
- Identify the scene
- Protect the scene
- Preserve temporary and fragile evidence
- Collect complete information about the incident
- Document all findings
- Package and transport the electronic evidence
Cyber incident response training participants will also receive a HALOCK custom-created toolkit that can be used to collect forensic data during the course of an incident.
CSIRT Training Resources: Incident Response Forms
As part of our cybersecurity incident response training, we introduce first responders to the following incident response forms and instruct them in their use:
- Observations and Actions Log
- Inventory of Impacted Assets
- Incident Classification Worksheet
- Impact Analysis Worksheet
- Third Parties Contacted Log
- Chain-of-Custody Form
- Root Cause Analysis Form
- Internal Investigation Form
- Status Meeting Minutes
- Response Approach Worksheet
CSIRT training from HALOCK helps lay the foundation for more in-depth cyber incident response certification. Equipped with the right tools, skills and CSIRT training resources, employees are better equipped to manage cyber incidents and minimize their impact.
Learn more about our Security Awareness Training options.