Hosted by the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
WHEN: 5/7/2019 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CT
PRESENTER: Glenn A. Stout, PhD., CISSP, CISM, GSEC, PMP
If you have an email account, whether it is a personal or business account, you are probably already aware of the various attacks that come your way on a daily, if not hourly, basis. You are the last line of defense between the attacker and your or your company’s precious data.
During this webinar, we will explore numerous ways attackers attempt to access your data by manipulating you to do their bidding. Attackers can simulate what seems like completely legitimate requests to benefit themselves – such as an executive instructing you to re-route a wire transfer to another account. These scams specifically target those in the real estate industry. These ways are defined as:
- Business Email Compromise (BEC)
- Best Practices for Passwords
Real examples of the above will be shown and discussed during the webinar.
- Enhance general security awareness for email usage and is intended for all audiences.
- Raise awareness of internal and external threats to email usage, and the safeguards to combat them.
- Review of password and email usage best practices and integrating these practices into daily work – as well as in your personal life!