One of the things that makes HALOCK a hybrid services firm is our unique practice groups, plus we bring to the table skill sets ranging from governance and strategy, PCI QSA knowledge, assessments and compliance, security solutions, and very seasoned network security engineering services.
Our network security engineers are top-notch, and they get involved in a variety of projects with our clients. They participate in our PCI validations, assessments, select and implement security solutions, incident response work, and get their brains picked on a variety of subjects (both internally by our team and externally by our clients).
It’s their (and all of ours) business to keep up to date on the latest and next generation solutions that are important in the information security space.
Some of the services they offer:
- Network architecture and design
- Network segmentation (especially important for PCI)
- Whiteboarding sessions with our client’s team
- Audit/validation of network devices
- Systems and Architecture Review
- System upgrades and migrations
- Documentation of network topology
- Hands on review of configuration of key hosts – firewalls, servers, client workstation images
- Review of Access Control
- Review of Data Protection
- Review of Event Monitoring
- Sensitive Data Scanning
Some times they get called because a client has something that’s just “acting funny”, and they know our team will be able to diagnose and fix the issue with network security engineering services.
Sr. Account Executive
Reasonable Security is Now Defined
The Sedona Conference – an influential think tank that advises attorneys, regulators, and judges on challenging technical matters – just released its Commentary on a Reasonable Security Test. The Commentary is the first document of its kind that provides the legal community with a clear definition of a “reasonable” security control.