A summary of PCI DSS 4.0:
- PCI DSS v4.0 is not anticipated for release prior to late 2020.
- PCI DSS v4.0 will incorporate feedback from 3.2.1.
- There will be a period of time that entities are given to transition between version 3.2.1 (current version) and version 4.0
- Nothing will be dropped – increase in requirements and testing procedures are expected
Recommendations on how HALOCK manages PCI transition years:
- Continue PCI compliance efforts on the current standard version – PCI Compliance is mandated for all organizations handing CHD (Cardholder Data) at all times – waiting puts the organization at risk.
- When a new version of the PCI DSS is officially released, HALOCK QSAs learn all updates/enhancements and determine how it will impact our clients.
- HALOCK then helps our clients understand the impacts of new requirements and how best to address them – which is much easier if we only have to look at new or changed requirements rather than the entire DSS. We partner with clients to strategically plan for the long term health and efficiency of their security.
- We also have customized offerings for PCI compliance, such as our mini PCI readiness review at a much lower cost, focusing only at changed or new requirements
Stay tuned for more developments on PCI DSS.